Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Now, a teaser - #1

Ok, ladies - Here's a teaser for my fic Here's to Stategy. It's part of the epilogue and I think most of you have already read this, but just in case I happen to get new followers who aren't on my list of pre-readers (I say it like it's going to happen - just indulge me), here's a summary:

Isabella Swan is the president and CEO of a major marketing firm in Washington. She’s worked long and hard to get there, and as a result, she’s a bit of a bitch. When her VP hires a fresh new manager, lured away from a competing firm, Bella expects perfection and more money. But this guy seems to think he’s the best thing since sliced bread, and Bella will not tolerate insubordination. It doesn’t matter how good he is. Two people used to being in charge and getting their way are bound to clash, and it’s a battle of wits. Who’s going to win?


So, the epi takes place six years in the future. Here's a decent tease -

Wet, half-gummed Cheerios hitting my face snapped me out of my daydream. Nathan peered at me with an impish grin as if he knew he’d caught his mommy red-handed. I removed a Cheerio from my coat lapel and handed it back to my son. He shoved it back in his mouth and showed me his only two teeth.



“Evie, you’re doing a great job of arranging the groceries for me,” I remarked. Evie’s face lit up as she explained that all of the green foods were together, all of the red foods were together, and so on. “That’s very clever, sweetie.”


“Bella?”


At the sound of his voice and the mention of my name, my head whipped around to find none other than Sam Uley – again. You’ve got to be shitting me. I chuckled to myself at the ridiculously slim odds that seemed to be in favor of us meeting. Okay, okay. Point taken.

 
So, this epi has to be epic, so I'm going to plug away at it until it's perfect.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment