Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let's catch up!

Shit - Sorry to ALL of my loyal followers for the lack of posts the last week or so. Life has been, shall we say, busy. So the posts are going to come in quick succession, ribbed just for your pleasure.

The first item I must proudly showcase is, of course, my new ink. Now, you can see what I had imagined for myself last week. Well, what I walked out the door with -- more like limped, but anyways -- was bigger and much more feminine and beautiful than my own idea. So glad the guys at Black Lotus Tatoo intervened. The result, I think, is worlds better.

What do you think? Again, this is the glyph for Libra, with a heart added to it.

Who's got a sexy ankle? Me, that's who!

The guys at the tatt place were great. They drew this for me - it was an existing design I found but with a special touch - and were nice enough to work with me on the size and location. So...apparently this is considered a foot tattoo, and so it cost more and was PAINFUL as all hell.

For a slim guy, Collin was really strong.

So, here's Collin inking my ankle. He was really nice. Great guy. And a gifted artist. What you can't tell is how much he had to restrain me from jumping out of that chair with an unfinished tattoo. And when my foot and big toe started twitching...well, that was an odyssey. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. And I think the photo below sums it up well.

It was either grin and grimace or cry, so...

And, yeah, I thought I was a pretty big baby about the pain and everything, but when I was done, Collin said I did great because I just swore a lot but didn't hit or punch him (apparently that happens), and the guy who drew my design said I did well, too, so I guess I passed. Never again, though, will I get another tatt on my foot. OUCH! Mother!

2 comments:

  1. Loo, so cute! Your face is adorbs! As a fellow Libra you can be assured that I love the new tat. XOXOXO

    Lizzy Loo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was either that face, or like I said...crying. I was gritting my teeth and laughing. OMG. The pain!
    It was totally worth it, though, I think. Thanks, hon. Us cool Libras gotta stick together! XOXO

    ReplyDelete